ISO certification is an approval given by ISO certification bodies after matching its services and products with the internationally recognised ISO management systems. ISO management tools will be used in checking the performance and quality of a company’s working procedure and its end products. In all major industries it is mandatory to have an ISO certification for companies to ensure its credibility.
- Business Setup Dubai
- Limited Liability Company
- Branch Of A Foreign Company
- Offshore Company Formation
- Trademark Registration
- ISO Certification
- ISO 9001 Certification
- ISO 14001 Certification
- ISO 18001 Certification
- ISO Certification Training
- Free Zone Dubai
- Free Zone Sharjah
- Free Zone RAK
- Free Zone Jebel Ali
- Free Zone Ajman
- Free Zone Fujairah
- Dubai Internet City
- Dubai Multi Commodities Center
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
OHSAS 18001 is an occupational health and safety management system developed for helping organizations to control and minimize occupational health and safety hazards. It promotes a secure and healthy working environment by providing a system that allows an organization to regularly identify and reduce safety risks and accidents. OHSAS can be implemented in any type of industry. Once certified, it gives assurance to the health and safety of management and employees of an organization.
Many organizations have started implementing Occupational health and safety management system as part of their legal obligations in connection with Health and Safety requirements. We are providing OHSAS 18001 certification services to organizations in the UAE. As part of implementing OHSAS 18001, we will conduct a search for identifying the health and safety risks in the work area. This helps in eliminating the causes and providing a consistent and proven management approach to health and risk factors in the present days and in the future.
Key areas addressed by OHAS 18001 includes:-
- Operational control
- Identification of risk and health hazards
- Planning and promoting emergency response systems
- Conducting training and awareness programs
- Measuring performance, potential and improvement of systems
- Allocating resources, roles and responsibilities to work groups
OHAS 18001 is an internationally recognized system followed by most of the top manufacturing companies and factories. By procuring the OHSAS 18001 Certification you can prove to your stakeholders, customers and staff that you are aware of your safety and healthy obligations and are looking to reduce the risks associated with business activities. OHSAS 18001 is suitable for all types of organization need to reduce accidents in the workplace and meet their legal obligations in connection with Health and Safety requirements.
Benefits of OHAS 18001
- It eliminates risks associated to employees
- Reduces the chances of accidents
- It helps to improve awareness of risks among employees
- Allows to fulfil legal compliances and regulatory health and safety requirements
- Enhance reputation and credibility among share holders, customers and public
- Elimination workplace hazards
- Enhance confidence among employees as the company has taken all safety measures in the work place
- Increases management efficiency, quality of processes and environment safety measures
- Improves image of the company in the local as well as international level
ISO certification FAQs
- ISO 9001 Quality management systems
- ISO 50001 Energy management
- ISO 27001 Information security management
- ISO 22000 Food safety management
Quality management system certifications will be revised as per requirement. The ISO 9001:2015 certification procedures will be conducted when an organization:
- Intends to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customers’ expectation level
- Aims to improve customer satisfaction level through the effective application of the system in the manufacturing area and the dispatch area, while applying all statutory and regulatory requirements
Businesses have to face a lot of challenges in the present days. International Standards are strategic tools and guidelines to help companies tackle many of the most demanding challenges of modern business. Certifications ensure that a business is operating efficiently by increasing its productivity, while accessing new markets.
Some of the benefits include:-
- Reduction in cost - International Standards guidelines helps to optimise the operation cost and thereby improving the bottom line
- Enhanced customer satisfaction – It helps to improve quality of operations, improved customer satisfaction and higher sales
- Entry to new markets – It helps in preventing trade barriers and providing potential opportunities in global markets
- Increased market share – It helps to increase productivity and competitive advantage
- Environmental benefits - International Standards help reduce negative impacts on the environment
ISO has a range of standards that covers almost all aspects of daily life. When products or services meets the international standards, the consumers will feel confidence on the quality, reliability and safety on the products they are using in the everyday life.
Different countries use different national or regional standards for trade. This creates technical barriers of trade, other than increasing the production cost. International standards allows in unifying the standards of trade and thereby removing the technical trading barriers. As governments of most of the countries have accepted the ISO standards, the requirements of imports and exports become almost same all over the world. This helped in facilitating the movement of goods and finished products from country to the other country.
When you choose a certification body, you should check
- -If the certification body is using a relevant CASCO standard
- -If it is accredited or not.
How to label a product or system as certified to an ISO standard?
You should never label it as “ISO certified” or “ISO certification”. An example of proper way of ISO labelling is like “ISO 9001:2008 certification” or “ISO 9001:2008 certified”.
ISO certification cost depends on the size of a company and the level in which it is presently running with regard to its processes and procedures. Checking with each certification body allows in getting more clarity on cost.
Normally it will take 6 weeks to 8 weeks to complete the procedure. But delays can be there depending on the type of certification procedure.
There are more than 20, 500 different management standards. So finding the right ones for you will be a time taking procedure. Consulting with certification bodies allows in checking the standards that are required for a particular business. You can start with ISO 9001 quality management certification program. This core standard is essential as it focuses on customer service and ensures that your customer receives the service they want on time.
- ISO 26000 - Social responsibility
- ISO 31000 - Risk management
- ISO 4217 - Currency codes
- ISO 8601 - Time and date format
- ISO 639 - Language codes
- ISO 3166 - Country codes
- ISO 37001 - Anti-bribery management systems