Ajman free zone is one of the top zones where enormous development in the infrastructure and cementing of strong economic base is taking place on a regular basis. Today Ajman is considered as a haven for established and young entrepreneurs on its unbeatable advantages in business operations. This zone is well placed for trading operations in the Eastern and Western markets. Ajman port is able to offer world class facilities for traders from different parts of the world. Moreover, Ajman is very near to the two international airports and four ports of Sharjah and Dubai. All these factors are collectively enhancing the importance of the Ajman free zone.
Those who are interested in doing a business in this zone should have a valid business license. There are several types of licenses. You should apply for a license depending on the type of business activity that you are planning to setup in the zone. Most of the people, especially foreign investors will have confusions regarding the procedures that have to be followed to get a valid business license. As a business consultant we are able to provide all kinds of assistance to register a company and run it successfully. Our experience in the field allows us in making necessary arrangements for company formation and allotment of necessary space as per client's requirement.
Types of business licenses approved by AFZ
- Trade license – You can apply for a trade license for doing a single activity or multiple activities.
- E-commerce license – This type of license is issued for doing electronic trading activities. You will also get assistance in the technical field as well as marketing field
- Service license – Those who are doing IT business, consultation business and marketing business can apply for service license.
- Industrial license – Industrialists who are manufacturing products in the UAE itself can apply for this type of license.
- Offshore license –Those who plan to establish an ongoing company can apply for an offshore license.
Most of the industrialists are keen on the corporate benefits available from the zone. When compare the cost associated with setting up a business in any other country with the Ajman free zone, it is very low here. Plus, you are getting many types of operational advantages. Some of the corporate benefits include:
- No corporate tax
- 100% stake of the company
- 100% foreign ownership
- Easy repatriation of capital and profits
- No personal income tax
- Exemption from other taxes
- No import and export duties
- Exemption from other taxes
- Low prices on facility usage
- Low prices for power/electricity
- Low prices on leasing
- Easy access to labour
Ajman has recorded an impressive industrial growth in the recent past. Finished products from Ajman are exported to nearly 70 countries. Some of the industries that are thriving well in the region includes Textiles, Food and Beverage, Timber and wood products, Paper products, Chemical and Plastics, non-metal products, Machinery and Equipments and various conversion industries.
Economic advantages of commencing a business in the Ajman free zone
- Acting as a hub to conduct business across countries
- Readily available raw materials
- Economic living conditions
- Advantages from free zone facilities
- Low property and office rents
- Conducive business environment
Documents to be submitted for a business license vary depending on the type of business you are going to start. However, there are documents that have to be submitted by everyone. They are as follows:-
- Trade name reservation copy
- Initial approval copy of the activities
- Shareholders Passport Copies
- Manager resume and passport copy
- Personal Information of each shareholder and manager
- Lease agreement Documents
- Power of Attorney for authorizing our company to act on behalf of you
- Registered office address